Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Missing Meals

Yesterday I didn't get over to the cafeteria before it closed. Ended up having a canister of Pringles and half a quart of milk. Then skipped lunch today, just because my work groove was good. I thought I was supposed to have lunch with Prof C but she wasn't in her office so I just went back to work. Didn't get hungry until around 4:30. Then had some 3n2's and a Pocari Sweat.

Let me explain. First Pringles. Pringles I know that my American readers are familiar with but since my most avid reader seems to be Indian, I feel the need to explain. Pringles is a brand of potato chips. Sort of. Actually, I'm not sure that I even saw potato chips in India... well, anyway, an ordinary potato chip is a very thin slice of potato, deep fried in oil. Pringles are more processed. It's not a slice of potato, it's like they liquefied the potatos, probably mixed them with some other stuff, and then stamp out these chips that are all exactly the same size and shape. I do wonder how the make them, but the long and short is when you get a bag of regular chips its mostly air, but when you get Pringles, they're in a cylindrical canister and most of the canister is chips.

Now 3n2's. A 3n2 is 3 little crackers held together by two layers of stuff that is kind of like Oreo filling. And by cracker I mean the salty kind of biscuit, if you're Indian.

Now Pocari Sweat. Pocari Sweat is a soft drink that I really like. I first had it in Japan in 2002 (and also in Hong Kong the same year). It's in the same family as Gatorade (it bills itself as an "Ion Supply Drink" and is called "Sweat" because its supposed to put back the same balance of electrolytes you lose by sweating) but it, to my taste, much nummier.

I did make dinner today, though. Don't want to get too out of balance.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

pringles is available in india these days. but no 3n2 or pocari.

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home