Sunday, September 17, 2006

Rain

Third straight day it's pouring. If it ever quits I will take pictures of the pond, the 78 steps, and the library to send. The last, in particular, is impressive. Campus is on a hill. One side of the hill is so steep it's almost a cliff. The library is at the bottom of the hill on that side. If you're coming from campus, you get to the library by means of a narrow footbridge. Inside it's a big circular atrium. In the middle of the atrium, hanging from the ceiling, are some sculptures I think are supposed to look like abstracted clouds. What they suggest to my mind is, rather, half-butchered beluga whale corpses hanging in a meat locker. Except for one, which looks like a giant humanoid torso, the arms, legs and head chopped off leaving five stumps, swaddled in pure white cloth, hanging in the meat locker with the belugas.

I don't think I would feel comfortable taking pictures inside, but I will get some photos from the footbridge. That's the really impressive part.

Coffee problem still lacks a lasting solution. But then, so does the money problem, which is why. Once I have the money problem worked out, I will buy a little electric kettle and be able to make coffee with my french press or with my coffee bags in my apartment. And I'll be able to make little soups or noodle thingies provided they come in their own little bowl and just need water added. Such things seemed to be in plentiful supply at the "Mega Mart" I checked out the other night. (I was looking for one roll of TP. It was impossible to buy fewer than 16.) And they have the little kettles. It might be nice to get a small battery operated travel alarm as well, but so far I am getting up on my own so early it doesn't seem worth worrying about. Finally, it might be nice to get a desk and chair in there. We'll see if I get around to it. That seems pretty hard to work out and I can always just come here.

Actually, I think leaving my apartment completely unfurnished will be a good way to keep my nose to the grindstone.

Speaking of which, back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home