Thursday, October 05, 2006

Empty

This place has completely emptied out. It's impressive.

Well, except for the old guy in the coffee room. I think he is watching televised "go." Did I mention yet about the televised video games? Well, they exist. I've walked past the student union a couple of times and seen kids watching other people play StarCraft. (Actually this practice is discussed in the Wikipedia article I've linked. But the "go" seemed to be live-action. Hard to tell: just a camera pointed straight down at the center of the board. But every once in a while a hand places a piece. For a while I thought it was a computer game with computer-animated hands, but the last time I went in there I think the guy was sleeping on one of the couches, and the game play continued.

Wait a minute: Holy Crap:
. Lee Seung Seop (known as b0f1000 in StarCraft), a 28-year-old from Daegu, South Korea, died from exhaustion on 10 August 2005 after playing a 49-hour marathon session of StarCraft in an Internet cafe,[39] sparking a new discussion about video game addiction,[40]

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Crap indeed! That's devotion for you.

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home